Application for 2016 Beacon & Beacon Spotlight Awards Now Available!
We invite all cities and counties currently participating in the Beacon Program to submit an application to be considered for 2016 award designation for:
- Agency greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Community greenhouse gas emissions reductions
- Electricity savings in agencies facilities
- Natural gas savings in agency facilities
- Sustainability best practices
For any questions regarding award eligibility, please refer to the Beacon Award Guidelines for Participation and Recognition or call (916-658-8274) or email Karalee Browne..
The online application will be available until July 1st. Applicants will be notified of their award designations by September 1st. Cities will be honored at the League of California Cities Conference on October 6th at the Hyatt Regency Hotel in Long Beach. Awards for the winning counties will be given in conjunction with the California State Association of Counties Annual Conference in Palm Springs on December 1st.