We do collect some technical information when you visit through Google Analytics. This is used to help us manage and improve the site. This information never identifies who you are. The information we collect and store about your visit is listed below:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xagency.gov” if you use a public agency Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the web) from which you access the website;
- The type of browser (such as Firefox, Safari, or Internet Explorer) and operating system (such as Windows, Mac, Unix) used to access the site;
- The date and time you access our site;
- The pages you visit; and,
- If you linked to the Institute’s website from another website, the address of that website.
This information is only used to help us make the site more useful for you. With this aggregate data, we learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We never track or record information about individuals and their visits.