Understanding the Basics of Public Service Ethics Laws
Ethics laws are designed to preserve the public’s trust in its public institutions and those who serve in them by setting a framework to guide conduct and behavior. This guide discusses several types of ethics laws and principles and their important role in public service.
As a convenience, individual chapters from Understanding the Basics of Public Services Ethics Laws are also available:
- Personal Financial Gains Laws
- Perk Issues, Including Compensation, Use of Public Resources and Gift Laws
- Transparency Laws
- Fair Process Laws and Merit-Based Decision-Making
The Institute is very grateful to the law firms whose commitment to the Institute’s work and financial support made this free resource possible.
- RESOURCE: Download Complete Version of Understanding the Basics of Public Service Ethics Laws
- Thank You: Aleshire & Wynder, LLP
- Thank You: Best Best & Krieger LLP
- Thank You: Burke Williams & Sorensen, LLP
- Thank You: Kronick Moskovitz Tiedemann & Girard
- Thank You: Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
- Thank You: Richards Watson & Gershon
- Thank You: Renne Sloan Holtzman Sakai LLP