Understanding Transparency Laws
This piece explains California ethics laws relating to public agency transparency.
Designed for local officials, the material covers issues such as:
- Disclosure of Sources of Income and Other Financial Interests
- Disclosure of Campaign Contributions
- Disclosure of Charitable Fundraising Activities
- The Public’s Right to Access Records
- Open Meeting Laws
- The Public’s Right to Participate in Meetings
This piece is chapter four of a more extensive publication (Understanding the Basics of Public Service Ethics) that explains all California ethics laws.