BOOST Participant–Town of Mammoth Lakes
About Mammoth Lakes:
Mammoth Lakes is a resort town nestled in Mono County. The “Community Vision” for Mammoth Lakes embodies values and principles that recognize the uniqueness of its natural surroundings and its character as a village in the trees. Protection of its environmental integrity, tourist-based economy and providing appropriate housing that residents and workers can afford are critical to the town.
- Population: 8,234 (2010)
- Location: Mono County
- Area: 25.31 square miles
- Poverty rate: 7.6%
- Median household income: $62,308
- Language other than English spoken at home: 35.5%
- Seek research partners and funding opportunities pertaining to climate resilience, efficient transportation, renewable energy and waste reduction in a way that addresses the unique challenges of a rural resort community surrounded by federal land.
- Support public engagement and sustainable building opportunities related to the town’s new affordable housing “Parcel Project.”
- Assist in cultivating relationships with state agencies and key stakeholders to support additional infill housing and infrastructure projects.
- Attend conferences and webinars to gather and share information on behalf of the Town of Mammoth Lakes.