Tips to Streamline the Planning Process for Recycling Facilities
Cities and counties across the state are working to meet the state mandated waste diversion goals. To do this, governments across California are looking to build and expand recycling infrastructure projects. This webinar will focus on methods for streamlining the planning process to help site these recycling projects.
Panelists will discuss:
- An overview of the planning process and opportunities to streamline the process;
- The process and benefits of developing an overlay zone for recycling facilities; and
- A case example of how Butte County streamlined the planning process for recycling infrastructure process.
- Tim Snellings, Director, Department of Development Services, Butte County
- Shannan West, Senior Permit Assistance Specialist, California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development