Promoting Personal and Organizational Ethics
What practices can a local agency put in place to promote public trust and confidence? What practices can minimize the risk of missteps that could undermine or damage this trust and confidence? This interactive webinar helped answer these fundamental questions and provided attendees with tips to implement ethical best practices in their communities.
- A brief overview of California’s ethics laws;
- Hypothetical examples illustrating ethics missteps and how to avoid them;
- An overview of the City of Palo Alto’s Ethics Code of Conduct; and
- Tips and tools from Cal-ICMA on how to implement ethics best practices.
- Eileen O’Hare Anderson, Partner, Liebert Cassidy Whitmore
- Ed Shikada, Assistant City Manager, City of Palo Alto and member of the Cal-ICMA Ethics Committee