Beyond BOOST: Advancing Climate and Equity Goals
To achieve the State’s equity and environmental goals, all Californians must have access to clean air and water, clean transportation, affordable housing, and economic opportunity. But, not all local governments currently have the capacity and resources to make this a reality for their residents. This webinar shared best practices and lessons learned from a pilot program developed by the California Strategic Growth Council (SGC) and the Institute for Local Government (ILG) called BOOST that helped local governments across the state build capacity to address those needs. SGC, ILG and our BOOST partners from the cities of Arcata, Bakersfield and Paramount discussed the successes and lessons learned from this program as well as on tips and tools to engage your community, advance climate action planning and develop meaningful partnerships with other local agencies and community-based organizations. Attendees gained an understanding of how capacity building support mixed with the creativity and passion of local government staff can combine to make our communities, and our state, a more sustainable, resilient and vibrant place for all.
- Karalee Browne, Assistant Executive Director, Institute for Local Government
- Adriana Figueroa, Public Works Director, City of Paramount and MLK CommUNITY Initiative
- Cecelia Greigo, Economic Development Principal Planner, City of Bakersfield
- David Loya, Community Development Director, City of Arcata
- Arleana Waller, CEO, ShePOWER Global
Moderated by Luis Jimenez, Communications Officer, California Strategic Growth Council