Abstentions and Disqualifications – Conflicts of Interest and When to Step-Aside
It can be difficult for public officials to determine when to abstain from the decision-making process.
This webinar will discuss:
- What financial interests and other conflicts of interest disqualify an official from participating in, or influencing, the decision-making process;
- Guidelines for deciding when to abstain; and
- What to do if you abstain or disqualify yourself from the process.
- Kevin Ennis, shareholder and former chair of the Public Law Department, Richards, Watson & Gershon
- Steven Flower, shareholder in the Public Law Department, Richards, Watson & Gershon
- Gary Winuk, Kaufman Legal Group