What Should Local Leaders Do To Prepare?
Learn more about the essential steps to success
Is your agency ready to leverage its OZ designation?
- Local leaders should first find out if their region has opportunity zones within its jurisdiction.
- Determine if there are any OZs nearby as investment can affect adjacent areas.
- Collaborate with municipal leaders, economic development groups and community-based organizations to identify potential investments that may meet municipal priorities.
- Identify “shovel ready” projects and leverage existing resources to support investment in OZs in your area
- Market your projects through an investment prospectus
See these additional sources for in-depth steps to take to leverage OZs: