Meeting and Exceeding LCFF Public Engagement Requirements
Local agencies across the state have been working towards implementing the new Local Control Funding Formula (LCFF) requirements. Your community worked toward diverse, inclusive public engagement during your first LCFF effort – but are you looking for ways to take your engagement activities to the next level? With the first year behind you, this webinar will reflect on lessons learned and discuss opportunities for the future.
Panelists will discuss:
- A brief overview of the new policy and public engagement,
- Public engagement designs from the first year of LCFF implementation,
- Tips on how to better engage parents and community members moving forward, and
- Opportunities to engage and build trust with members of your community that you may not have easily reached in the past.
- Alisa Greene MacAvoy, Trustee, Redwood City School District and President, San Mateo County School Boards Association
- Peter Wright, Policy and Programs Officer with California School Boards Association and Faculty, University of San Francisco