Local Government Champions
Team ILG Wants to Recognize Hard Working Public Servants!
The ILG team is collecting nominations for outstanding leaders in public service. Nominations can include anyone working in one of California’s cities, counties or special districts – from staff to elected or appointed officials. Self nominations are also accepted and encouraged!
Help us celebrate public servants performing good work in the areas of:
- Leadership & Governance
- Public Engagement
- Sustainable & Resilient Communities
- Workforce & Civics Education.
Throughout the year, we will be highlighting these Champions of Local Government in California.
Nominate a colleague, a friend or yourself for a job well done!
Those submitting nominations will be entered to win a free registration to an upcoming ILG training (valued at up to $1,000).
Check out our latest features below!
Local Government Champions
Leadership & Governance Pillar
Lindsey Liebig, Member, Herald Fire Protection District Board of Directors
“Lindsey’s commitment comes through in every aspect of her life. Serving on the Herald Fire Protection District Board of Directors, Lindsey has helped bring new grant funds to a community in need. She is also active in many other organizations. As a Sloughhouse Resource Conservation District Board Member, Lindsey tirelessly advocated for local farmers faced with extreme water challenges and she recently stepped up to serve as the inaugural Chair of the Cosumnes Groundwater Authority.“ Read more.
- Merritt Perry, City Manager, City of Fortuna
- Stacey Stevenson, Deputy City Manager, City of Murrieta
- Steve Monaghan, CIO, County of Nevada
- Porsche Middleton, Mayor, City of Citrus Heights
- Michelle Reimers, General Manager, Turlock Irrigation District
- Salem Afeworki, Energy and Sustainability Services Manager, City of Costa Mesa
- Charlie Uhrig, Mayor, City of Solvang
- Steven Gama, Councilmember, City of Port Hueneme
- Christine Viterelli, Grant Writer, City of Arvin
- Dr. Jei Africa, Director, Marin Behavioral Health & Recovery Services
- Laura Garnette, Chief Probation Officer, County of Santa Clara County Probation
- John Takhtalian, Deputy City Manager, City of Glendale
- Mary-Joy Coburn, Director of Communications, Greater Los Angeles Vector Control District
- Sona Coffee, Environmental Programs Administrator, City of Irvine
- Jennifer Carvalho, Recreation Supervisor, Town of Yountville
- Devin T. Murphy, Mayor Pro Tem, City of Pinole
- Ron Duncan, General Manager, Soquel Creek Water District
- Sharon Ranals, Assistant City Manager, City of South San Francisco
- David Lawrence, P.E., General Manager, Big Bear Area Regional Wastewater Agency
- Kevin Perkins, Planning Director, Yuba County Community Development and Services Agency
- Sarah Zarate, Director, City Manager’s Office, Office of Administration, Policy and Intergovernmental Relations, City of San Jose
- Jorge Rodriguez, Director, Deputy Emergency Services Coordinator, County of Sonoma Department of Emergency Management