The Government Finance Officers Association
The Government Finance Officers Association is a leader in the development of financial policies and best practices.The Best Practice relating to Public Participation in Planning, Budgeting, and Performance Management recommends:
- Establishing Purposes for Public Participation Efforts
- Identifying the Public’s Perspective
- Timing and Approaches to Public Participation
- Deciding how to incorporate information into decision-making
- Providing feedback to the public on how their input has been used
The Best Practice is available on the right. Additional resources can be found on the association website.