Discussion Forum Ground Rules
1. Play nicely with others
Psuedonyms are discouraged – Own your thoughts by posting under your own name, so people can appreciate the experience and perspective you bring to a topic.
- Respect your peers — Treat others and their contributions with respect and foster thoughtful and considerate dialogue.
- Observe principles of civility — Inappropriate, crude, or abusive language is not only unacceptable, it’s an ineffective way to convince anyone of your point.
- There are no stupid questions — Everyone’s input is welcomed and honored.
- Report inappropriate behavior — Report behavior inconsistent with this code to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Act in good faith
- Respect others’ intellectual property — Don’t publish content to which you have no rights.
- It’s about exchanging information, but not selling services/goods — This Institute exists to support the exchange of information among local officials and create a rich body of information to assist local officials in serving their communities. Self-promotion and hawking of services and wares is not allowed. The resource available to enable you to sell goods and services is www.cacities.org/munilink. We have placed links to Munilink at appropriate places on our site.
3. Promote the community spirit
- Share the experience — Be an ambassador of the community by encouraging others to join in the discussion, promoting thoughtful sharing of information and discussion, and setting a good example.