Climate Adaptation- Sea Level Rise White Paper
City of San Rafael, 2014
Released in January 2014, this paper is a first step in responding to the city’s Climate Change Action Plan (adopted in 2009). This paper:
- Identifies the key agencies that have been involved in studying and planning for sea level rise.
- Presents the most current information and studies on sea level rise, particularly in the Bay Area.
- Identifies potential funding sources to pursue for next steps.
- Summarizes the studies underway in the Marin and the North Bay.
- Describes techniques and tools that have been developed for adaptation.
- Identifies the San Rafael shoreline and levees areas to study, as well as potential opportunity areas for studying adaptation, and
- Presents suggestions for next steps in moving forward with
preparing a vulnerability and long-term planning for sea level