City of Santa Clarita Launches a New “Green” Website
Preserving the environment has been one of the City of Santa
Clarita’s top priorities since incorporation in 1987. In July,
2009, Santa Clarita took another step toward establishing itself
as a leader in sustainability by launching a new website,
The site is designed to:
- Make going green easy and cost effective for residents, businesses and builders;
- Synthesize the vast amount of information about sustainable programs, policies, incentives, rebates, services and products across various organizations and government agencies into one convenient place;
- Help residents, businesses and builders find federal stimulus package funds and/or federal and state tax breaks and incentives;
- Focus on local businesses and vendors of green products in order to stimulate the green economy in the Santa Clarita Valley;
- Provide information on upcoming green-related trainings, workshops and events; and
- Provide information on the variety of sustainable programs the City of Santa Clarita is currently implementing throughout the community.
Since going live, the site has met with considerable success and content is being added continually to keep up with the demand for information. Please direct any questions regarding the site to David Peterson, Assistant Planner II, with the City of Santa Clarita’s Planning Division. Mr. Peterson can be reached at (661) 284-1406 or via email at email@example.com.