City of Huntington Park
COMMUNITIES FOR HEALTHY KIDS
|Community: Huntington Park (Los Angeles County)||Population: 64,747|
Summary: City of Huntington Park offered diverse
outreach opportunities to inform residents about health coverage
opportunities, including enrollment opportunities during the
“Month of the Child” event, presentations at neighborhood watch
meetings, as well as established partnership with local certified
application assistant (CAA) to assist families complete
- Presentations at monthly neighborhood watch meetings reach active, interested residents.
- Established partnership with county Children’s Health Initiative to follow-up on expressions of interest from neighborhood watch attendees.
- Information about events and coverage options included in city newsletters and city facilities.
- City exploring potential of having CHI hold “office hours” at city facility to make it easier for families to complete enrollment application.
- City is collaborating with local CHI to offer evening “office hours” to provide enrollment assistance at the City recreation facility every two weeks.