Children’s Health Insurance Information – Maine
A PDF of “Maine: MaineCare” is available at right under Documents & Resources.
The Department of Health and Human Services Office of MaineCare Services oversees MaineCare.
Who Is Eligible?
A summary of eligibility requirements appears below. Be sure to check with the Department of Health and Human Services Office of MaineCare Services to verify eligibility. Eligible individuals include:
- Children and teens age 18 and younger and pregnant women, based on income. For example, a family of four with a monthly income of $ 3,334 monthly would be eligible. For more information on income eligibility levels, visit here.
- Applicants can call the Department of Human Services toll-free at (877) 543-7669.
- Applicants can call the Consumer Assistance Help Line toll-free and TDD/TTY at (800) 965-7476.
- Applicants can visit the Maine Department of Health and Health and Human Services office in their area.
- For information on MaineCare, visit here.
- Additional information is available from the Department of Health and Human Services.
About This Resource
This resource provides information about affordable health insurance options for children of eligible families in Maine. It is part of the Institute for Local Government’s Healthy Communities – Insuring Kids Health Online Resource Center project.
The Insuring Kids Health Online Resource Center provides information and resources to help California cities and counties connect families with affordable health insurance for their children. The activities and best practices compiled can be applied throughout the country and can assist cities, counties, health plans and others that are interested in enrolling children in affordable health insurance.
The Institute for Local Government is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) research and education affiliate of the California State Association of Counties and the League of California Cities. The Institute for Local Government promotes good government at the local level with practical, impartial and easy-to-use resources for California communities.
The Institute gratefully acknowledges the Anthem Blue Cross Foundation for its generous support of this project.