Beacon Program Participation Application
Fill out an application for your city or county using this online webform.
Congratulations! We applaud your agency’s interest in participating in the Beacon Program. The Beacon Program recognizes and celebrates local leadership to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and save energy.
Through your agency’s participation in the Beacon Program, you will have the opportunity to share, learn and connect with local agencies that are implementing sustainability best practices that create better communities. We invite each participating agency to submit data in five award categories in order to be recognized with awards for its achievements.
Cities and counties participating in the Beacon Program must:
- Adopt a resolution by the governing body committing the agency to participate in the program;
- Designate a lead staff person as a point of contact;
- Designate an elected official that will represent and serve as a contact for the agency;
- Develop and/or implement sustainability initiatives and or/a climate action plan;
- Respond to data inquiries in order to share best practices and receive award recognition.
There is no deadline to apply to participate in the program, however to be considered for awards data is due on June 1st of each year.
Please complete this short online application to start your progress through the Beacon Program. After we receive your application, the Beacon Program manager will contact you to discuss next steps.