BOOST Participant–City of Maywood
The City of Maywood is the third-smallest incorporated city in Los Angeles County, most densely populated city in the state and has one of the highest proportion of Latinos, immigrants and undocumented immigrants in the county. The agency is unique in that it outsources the majority of its city-services, but maintains a small staff dedicated to the community’s success. Through the BOOST Program, the city hopes to optimize partnership opportunities with governmental and non-governmental agencies, increasing staff’s ability to plan and implement priorities, which will increase the agency’s capacity to engage and respond to residents and transform its organizational approach to address climate change priorities.
- Population: 26,527 (2010)
- Location: Los Angeles County
- Area: 1.18 square miles
- Poverty rate: 23.97%
- Median household income: $35,582
- Assist the City of Maywood in seeking grant funding and consultants to support the development of a Climate Adaptation and Resilience Plan
- Provide trainings and technical assistance to support the Local Agency in developing its Environmental Justice Element and Safety Elements.
- Provide research and partnership development that focus on renewable energy projects.
- Develop and implement a Communications Plan support to promote successful sustainability partnerships to showcase the City of Maywood as a good investment and accomplished local agency partner.
- Connect the City of Maywood with resources and trainings that promote good governance and ethical practices.