Strategies for Schools
Building a Robust Summer Meal Program in Tough Economic Times
Watch the recorded webinar here.
Looking for new opportunities to support students and develop stronger community partnerships? Summer meal programs offer a great opportunity to keep students healthy so they return to school ready to learn.
School/school district child nutrition directors, county office of education staff, business services directors, superintendents, and other school district leadership.
This webinar provides:
- An overview of the USDA summer feeding programs for schools
- Current summer meal program sponsors’ perspective on operating a successful summer meal program.
- Funding opportunities for summer meal program start-up or expansion.
- How to do more with less: Responding to tough economic times and budget cuts through development of strong community partnerships to pool resources and sustain programs.
- Opportunities to promote nutrition and physical activity.
- Q & A with California Department of Education (CDE) staff and summer meal sponsors.
- Rodney Taylor, Nutrition Services Director, Riverside Unified School District
- Norma Johnson, Program Specialist, San Diego Unified School District
- Pamela Lambert, Nutrition Services Director, Escondido Union High School District
- Donna Reedy, California Department of Education Nutrition Services School Nutrition Programs Unit
- Patrice Chamberlain (moderator) California Summer Meal Coalition