BOOST Participant–Coachella Valley
About Coachella Valley:
The Coachella Valley is a region in Southern California at the northernmost point of the Salton Sea. The Valley contains the cities of Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Rancho Mirage, Indio, La Quinta, Indian Wells, Desert Hot Springs, Coachella and Cathedral City. The Valley boasts over 350 days of sunshine a year and is responsible for 95% of the nation’s date crop. Though the Coachella Valley has many attractions and events, it is also home to several disadvantaged communities without access to safe drinking water.
- Population: 346,518 (2010)
- Location: Southern California
- Area: 28.95 square miles
- Disadvantaged community: 5-25%
- Poverty rate: 28%
- Median household income: $34,300
- Specific activities are currently under development.