The Future of Recycling Programs: Sustainable Funding Sources
Counties and cities have many options available to help fund recycling and solid waste programs in their communities and sometimes is can be hard to navigate which is best for your community. A growing number of local governments are looking for ways to make their funding sources sustainable. This webinar focuses on the traditional and innovative ways that cities and counties across the state are funding these programs.
- An overview of funding mechanisms available to cities and counties across California including: user fees, franchise fees, tipping fees and sales of recyclable materials among other sources;
- Opportunities for cities and counties to use these options to fund sustainable programs in their communities; and
- How Kern County created a program that provides a steady, predictable funding stream.
- Rob Hilton, Vice President, HF&H Consultants, LLC
- Doug Landon, Director, Waste Management Department, Kern County
Presentation and Recording
The powerpoint is available under “Documents & Resources” on the right.