Work-based learning is an instructional strategy that connects students to the world of work, involves partners, provides students a continuum of experiences, prepares students for success in careers or post-secondary education and benefit the student, the partner the teach and the school.
This recorded webinar about work-based learning helps viewers to:
- Analyze aspects of high-quality work-based learning
- Clearly understand planning components for work-based learning
- Identify key opportunities to set a vision for WBL (WBL Plan)
- Be able to access and use WBL resources
Work-based learning is important to public agencies because it provides youth with:
- Awareness and exploration of government agencies
- What careers are available?
- What education and/or training is required?
- Development of college- and career- readiness skills
- Civic awareness and engagement
Thanks to James Cole with NAF (National Academy Foundation) for recording this webinar in September 2016.