Recycling Programs at Apartment Complexes: Success Tips for Local Officials
The Institute for Local Government is hosting a webinar on Recycling Programs at Apartment Complexes: Success Tips for Local Officials on Thursday, April 7, 2011 from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Register now!
This webinar, the fourth in a series offered by the Institute for Local Government, will explore different ways to work with apartment owners and managers to increase recycling by apartment tenants. The panelists will highlight successful strategies to reach apartment residents and provide examples of resources to assist cities and counties. The webinar will also provide a brief update on California’s proposed commercial recycling regulations, including provisions related to apartments.
Webinar panelists will include representatives from local agencies with successful apartment recycling programs, a manager of an apartment complex with a successful recycling program, and a representative from CalRecycle.
- Howard Levenson, Assistant Director, Materials Management and Local Assistance, CalRecycle, State of California
- Pat Quinn, Planning Program Manager, Waste Management & Recycling Department, Sacramento County
- Steve Harriman, Integrated Waste Manager, City of Rancho Cordova
- Cory Koehler, Senior Deputy Director, Rental Housing Association of Sacramento Valley
- Ken Prue Recycling Program Manager, Environmental Services Department, City of San Diego