Need Help with Forums?
Creating an Account
Creating an account lets you take advantage of the website’s interactive features. These include the ability to post comments in discussion forums, post comments on publications or cast a vote on how useful a publication was to you.
You don’t need to create an account to read stories or download resources.
- To create an account, just go to www.ca-ilg.org/user/register. You can also go to the Home page and click on the link “Create New Account.”
- At the prompt, type in the User Name you will use when you log in.
- Next, type in the e-mail address you want to use to receive your password.
- Enter your first name, last name, title, and agency or organization.
- When you have entered the information, click on the button “Create new account.”
- After clicking the button, you will soon receive an e-mail giving you a one-time only password and instructions for creating your own permanent password.
- Once you create your new password, you can use it to log in whenever you visit the website.
Tip: if you don’t receive the e-mail in five minutes, re-enter your information and double check to make sure the e-mail address is correct.
Your user name will be displayed with any comments or forum posts you submit. Registered users who are logged in will be able to see your name, title, and agency by clicking on your user name.
Participate in a Discussion Forum
Registered users can participate in online discussion forums. Participants can post questions for discussion and share information.
Want to visit a discussion forum?
- Click on the “Forums” link at the top of the Home page.
- To view a current discussion, click on a forum (next to the envelop icons).You will see a list of active topics in the forum.
- Click on a topic (next to the envelop icons) to see the discussion in progress.
- To add a comment, click “Add new comment.”
- Enter your comment and click “Save.”