A Local Official’s Guide to Public Engagement in Budgeting
This publication describes five general approaches that local agencies use, often in strategic combination, to involve residents in the budget process. A downloadable pdf version of the entire publication is available on the right.
- Introduction: Involving the Public in Local Budgeting
- Approaches to Public Engagement in Local Budgeting
- Thinking Strategically About the Purposes of Public Engagement
- A Dozen Lessons to Guide Public Engagement in Budgeting
- Resources for Engaging the Public in Local Budgeting
Please feel encouraged to share these materials, link to them on agency (or agency association) websites, and/or download and print out copies.