Invitation to League Annual Conference Beacon Award Information Meeting
What: The Beacon Award: Local Leadership Toward Solving
When: Friday September 17, 2010 – 9:45 a.m. – 10:45 a.m. at the League Annual Conference
Where: Room 27A, Upper Level, San Diego Convention Center
Please join the Institute for Local Government at an informal meeting to learn about the Institute’s new program, The Beacon Award: Local Leadership Toward Solving Climate Change.
The Beacon Award recognizes and celebrates cities and counties that reduce greenhouse gas emissions, save energy and adopt policies and programs that promote sustainability. The Beacon Award lets cities and counties shine a bright light on their accomplishments for their residents, colleagues and others.
Join us and learn:
- What the requirements are to be accepted into the Beacon Award Program.
- How to submit an application to participate.
- About the Silver, Gold and Platinum Beacon Award levels.
- How your city can be recognized and celebrated for its accomplishments.
- What cities have expressed interest in participating in the Beacon Award program.
For more information about the Beacon Award, please visit: www.ca-ilg.org/BeaconAward.
We hope to see you Friday morning at the League Annual Conference!
The Institute for Local Government is the non-profit research and education affiliate of the
League of California Cities and the California State Association of Counties. (www.ca-ilg.org)