AB 1234 Self-Study
If you don’t want to sit in front of a computer, or can’t make it to an in-person training, The Institute offers two, one-hour self-study exercises as an option for local officials to satisfy AB 1234 requirements. The self-study materials can also be used to make up for time missed at in-person sessions if the official either arrived late or left early.
Each segment costs $25 and may take up to four weeks to process. Note: Local agencies can pre-purchase self-study coupons to facilitate their officials’ use of the self-study option. Information about these coupons can be found in the column on the right.
In order to satisfy AB 1234 requirements, for each segment local officials need to:
- Print out and read the substantive materials;
- Print out and take the test; and
- Mail the test to the Institute with the $25 processing fee for each segment.
The Institute will then send you your corrected test with the correct answers and explanations, along with your proof of participation certificate(s).
The two segments are:
- Hour One: Financial Interests and Perks Self-Study Materials + Test and Transmittal Instructions (to download the forms, click on the PDF file on the right)
- Hour Two: Transparency and Fairness Self-Study Materials + Test and Transmittal Instructions (to download the forms, click on the PDF file on the right)
Proceeds from the processing fees help cover the Institute’s costs in developing these materials, grading the test and providing the proof of participation certificate(s). Thank you in advance for supporting the Institute’s work in public service ethics!