Understanding Transparency Laws
This piece explains California ethics laws relating to public agency transparency.
Designed for local officials, the material covers issues such as:
- Disclosure of Sources of Income and Other Financial Interests
- Disclosure of Campaign Contributions
- Disclosure of Charitable Fundraising Activities
- The Public’s Right to Access Records
- Open Meeting Laws
- The Public’s Right to Participate in Meetings
This piece is chapter four of a more extensive publication (Understanding the Basics of Public Service Ethics) that explains all California ethics laws.
Because the law is in flux, these materials are available in digital format only at this time. See link at right.