5 Resources to Check Out Now
- USDA’s 2013 Summer Food Service Program Webinar Series
This year’s series focuses on a range of topics including engaging elected officials, addressing the transportation challenge and more.
- Food Research and Action Center (FRAC) Summer Meals Matter Conference Call Series
FRAC’s monthly calls share summer meal program best practices from around the country.
- Partners for a Hunger-Free Oregon Site Sustainability Matrix
This guide helps sponsors assess potential summer meal sites or re-evaluate sites from last year to gauge success potential.
- National Summer Learning Association – Healthy Summers: Turning Risk into Opportunity report
This report connects the research related to summer and its impact on food insecurity, childhood obesity, and the academic achievement gap. A must-read for school district and community leaders.
- Share Our Strength’s No Kid Hungry – Fighting Hunger Through health Care Brief
This report provides a look at the health care community and can spark ideas about how to engage health care providers serving low-income families as key partners.