Green Riverside Action Plan
Riverside’s Green Action Plan reflects the city’s designation as an Emerald City, a state pilot program to help municipal governments become greener through “hands-on” technical and financial assistance.
As a result of this unique partnership, 2007 city green goals were expanded to be even more ambitious. For instance, Riverside is striving to install 20 megawatts of photovoltaic installations within the city; reduce citywide waste by 75 percent per capita; and reduce water usage by 20 percent.
The revised plan sets goals in several best practice areas:
- Renewable Energy and Low Carbon Fuels
- Energy Efficiency and Conservation
- Waste Reduction & Recycling
- Green Building
- Storing & Offsetting Carbon Emissions
- Efficient Transportation
- Water & Wastewater Systems
- Land Use and Community Design
See Documents & Resources at right to download the whole plan.