2022-2023 Regional Planning Commissioner Trainings
Next Training: Virtual | Friday, June 23
ILG and our partners will be offering a series of regional planning commissioner trainings throughout the state in 2022 and 2023. These sessions will be offered free of charge exclusively for city and county planning commissioners and will be designed to benefit both new and seasoned professionals.
These interactive training sessions will help planning commissioners better understand basics of planning documents, CEQA and public engagement principles. We will also define the role of planning commissioners and give tips on how to work effectively with staff and the governing board. In each training session, we will reserve time to network and discuss local planning challenges and opportunities, specific for each given region. These trainings are designed to give participants the opportunity to engage with experts in the field and learn from fellow planning commissioners about best practices, emerging trends and lessons learned.
All sessions are free and exclusively for California planning commissioners. Sessions run from 9:30am to 4pm with breaks throughout the day.
Please click on your region below for more information and to register.
Please send an email to email@example.com, if you have any questions.
- Sacramento and Yolo Counties, April 22, 2022
- El Dorado, Placer and Sierra Counties, April 29, 2022
- Calaveras, Tuolumne, Mariposa, Nevada and Amador Counties, May, 13, 2022
- San Joaquin, Stanislaus, Merced and Madera Counties, May 20, 2022
- Imperial County, June 16, 2022
- San Diego County, June 17, 2022
- Santa Cruz, San Benito and Monterey Counties, July 22, 2022
- Sonoma, Napa, Solano and Marin Counties, July 29, 2022
- Alpine, Mono and Inyo Counties, August 12, 2022
- San Bernardino & Riverside Counties, August 26, 2022
- Los Angeles County, September 12, 2022
- San Mateo and Santa Clara, October 7, 2022
- Humboldt, Mendocino, Del Norte and Lake Counties, October 14, 2022
- Alameda, Contra Costa San Francisco Counties, October 21, 2022
- Orange County, November 18, 2022
- San Luis Obispo, Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties, February 17, 2023
- Kern, Tulare, Kings and Fresno Counties, March 3, 2023
- Tehama, Glenn, Butte, Colusa, Yuba and Sutter Counties, April 14, 2023
- Shasta, Trinity, Siskiyou, Lassen, Plumas and Modoc Counties, Friday, May 12