USCIS Citizenship/Civic Integration Resources for Local Governments
The United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides resources for local governments to support citizenship and civic integration of new citizens in their communities.
- Local USCIS field offices regularly host free naturalization information sessions for aspiring citizenship applicants. Naturalization oath ceremonies are also held on a regular basis. To request that an event be held in your area, contact Public.Engagement@dhs.gov.
- The Outstanding American by Choice initiative recognizes naturalized citizens who have demonstrated their commitment to this country and to the common civic principles that unite us as Americans. Click here to nominate an individual.
- Local governments, public schools and local public education agencies are eligible to apply for funding through the Citizenship and Integration Grant Program if they have demonstrated experience in providing citizenship preparation services to lawful permanent residents.
- The Citizenship Resource Center provides citizenship information, study materials and resources to support the naturalization process for legal permanent residents, and includes downloadable public service announcements and advertisements promoting the rights, responsibilities, and importance of citizenship.
- The Multilingual Resource Center—a one-stop shop for USCIS information materials in 22 different languages.