AB 1234 Advanced Credit
Commitment to Nonprofit Causes and Public Service
The Institute for Local Government is offering advanced AB 1234 ethics self-study credit to those officials who have already covered the basic materials required by AB 1234.
Each one-hour exercise costs $25. In each instance, local officials need to:
- Print out and read the materials;
- Print out and take a true-false test; and
- Mail the test to the Institute with the $25 processing fee for each exercise.
The two exercises are:
- Commitment to Nonprofit Causes and Public Service Part I: Ethics Principles, Transparency, Financial Interest and No Perk Laws Self-Study Materials + Test and Transmittal Instructions
- Commitment to Nonprofit Causes and Public Service Part II: Conflict of Interest and Bias Self-Study Materials + Test and Transmittal Instructions
The Institute will then send you your corrected test with the correct answers and explanations, along with your proof of participation certificate(s). Up to four weeks processing time may be required (see materials at the right under resources.)
Proceeds from the processing fees help cover the Institute’s costs in developing these materials, grading the test and providing the proof of participation certificate(s). Thank you in advance for supporting the Institute’s work in public service ethics!