Building Public Support for Affordable Housing: A Toolbox for California Officials
March 30, 2009
This resource outlines a number of planning and public participation tools local agencies can use to address concerns related to affordable housing.
- Surveying the Landscape: Conducting an Initial Assessment
- Building to Code: Law, Procedure and Public Hearings
- Nuts and Bolts: Addressing Legitimate Community Concerns
- Blueprint for Success: Designing the Public Participation Process
- Choosing the Right Tools: Applying Methods of Community Engagement
- Laying a Foundation for the Future: Implementation, Oversight and the Framework for Planning
A PDF of this document is available at right for free download.